Friday, February 9, 2018

adding realism to your stamped images - video tutorial

Wow, right? I cannot believe what a little bit of colored pencil can do to a stamped image! It takes it from great to whoa! Yesterday I shared the 2018 Papertrey Ink anniversary set, Mix Bouquet with you. Today I am sharing a fun video tutorial on this fab technique!

Side note: I cannot thank you enough for the all the sweet comments and emails yesterday! You all made me feel so wonderful! Thank you all for being so kind and taking the time to make my day! :D

After stamping my image, color pencil was placed over the top. While I chose to use Distress Oxide inks, you can do this technique with any ink, and any color pencils. In fact, you can create this realistic look with any solid image stamp you have in your stash! I am just a wee bit partial to these images from the 2018 Papertrey Ink anniversary set, Mixed Bouquet, at the moment. Wink, wink. :D

Watch the video below to see how I colored and a little about why I chose the colors I did. When chosing colors for this technique, you want to add tone contrast and visual contrast. You also want to add more and less intensity of shading, depending on which portion of the image you are coloring. But, watch this, and hear me talk about it all. :D


For those wanting to watch this in HD, or for those reading this via email, please click here:

For those who are curious, here is a list of the Primacolor pencils I used. The rest of the supplies are listed below.
1077 Blender
912 Apple Green
989 Chartreuse
947 Dark Umber
1082 Chocoloate
942 Yellow Ochre
1002 Yellowed Orange
1098 Artichoke
1086 Sky Blue Light
1021 Jade Green

Sincerely Yours,

4 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

Such a gorgeous card Kimberly! I love the color and texture that the colored pencils add to the already beautiful distress ink colors!

Nora Noll said...

This is simply STUNNING!!!

sabell said...

This is soooo beautiful ! I’m just starting to get into colored pencils. How do you think this would look if you stamped the image in a neutral color? Also, do you ever use Gamsol? Loved your video, so helpful. Thanks!

Colleen said...

Love how you added so much depth to the stamped image! Thank you for the video!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...